Next week along with a few invited software architecture leaders and members of UK and Irish academia I am attending an IBM Masterclass. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to learn more about this area due to my work with Lero, the Irish Software Engineering Research Centre.
Grady Booch Software Architecture Masterclass 13th and 14th September 2007 Royal Academy of Engineering, London
The objectives include:
• Sharing participant understanding of the state of the art
• Exploring opportunities for research
• Identifying curriculum needs and ways of meeting them
• Exploring opportunities for collaborative initiatives
• Strengthening relationships between academia and IBM
Following a keynote from IBM Fellow Grady Booch, participants will break out into a succession of affinity groups to share understanding and experience, and discuss further initiatives.
Labels: ibm, lero, research