Aug 2007 Session Chair P2P 2007

Having Daniel Cutting as a PhD student brought me into the area of peer to peer computing. Building on my own background in systems research this exposure brought a new found interest in overlay networks and a renewed interest in distributed systems. We published a paper at Peer to Peer 2006 and based on this and conference interactions I was invited onto the program committee for P2P 2007, the Seveth IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing in Galway Ireland. I'm looking forward to this conference as we have recently had two P2P journal papers accepted and two of my new graduate students in the SRG in UCD will be looking into P2P research as part of their Pervasive Computing studies. It's nice to be involved in an evolving and expanding research area, going from strength to strength, with broader application and research.

Labels: , ,