June 2007 SRG students attend Software Engineering Research Summer School
As part of the project SPL1 - Visualisation of Software Project Lines, UCD@Lero the Irish Software Engineering Research centre is providing support for Luke O'Malley one of my MSc students to the attend a summer school on software engineering which will take place from July 9th to July 21st on the island of Lipari, Italy. The school is chaired by Prof. Alfredo Ferro form the University of Catania and Prof. Egon Boerger from the University of Pisa. The courses offered will cover a wide range of software engineering topics, including
- Domain Engineering, Prof. Dines Bjoerner, Technical University of Denmark, DK.
- Feature Modularity in Software Product Lines, Prof Don Batory, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX.
- Requirements Engineering, Prof. Florin Spanachi, SAP Research Karlsruhe.
- Evolvable Software Products, Prof. Peter Sestoft, Department of Natural Sciences, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, DK.
- Web Services, Prof. Boualem Benatallah, The University of New South Wales, Australia.
- High-Level Modeling Patterns, Prof. Egon Boerger, University of Pisa, Italy.
- Principles and challenges of software architecture evolution, Prof. Carlo Ghezzi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy.
- Distributed Systems Security, Prof. Dieter Gollmann, Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH),Germany
Luke hopes to gain a better understanding of software engineering and in particular learn more on the topic of software product lines which is directly related to his research. In addition he hopes to engage and discuss with other students at the school about their particular research topics. - Luke O'Malley